2D1N Walk the Torq Via Ferrata Route
By Travel Rite Tours
Choose this if...
Shared Return Transport from hotel in Kota Kinabalu Town
1 night dormitory accommodation at Pendant Hut
State Park guide
Certificate of completion
Walk the Torq via ferreta pass
Please note that the above pick up and drop off times are approximate and will depend on the location of hotel as well as descent timing as the transportation is shared with other groups.
Today you will travel to Kinabalu Park and hike up to Laban Rata (3,353m)
Accommodation: Pendant Hut Hostel - Dorm
- 8am: Arrive at Kinabalu Park, collect packed lunch, register for your Mt Kinabalu summit climb at the Park Registration office, meet mountain guide, transfer to Timpohon Gate (1,829m)
- 9am: Begin your climb.
- 12:30 pm: Lunch break
- 3pm: Settle in at Pendant Hut
- 3.30pm: Attend the mandatory via ferrata familiarization in Pendant Hut, meet the Mountain Torq trainer
- 6pm: Dinner at Laban Rata
Today you will summit at sunrise, and climb a 10m hanging ladder off the side of the mountain
- 1.30 - 2 am - Wake up for early morning supper
- 2.30 am - Start hiking up to the summit with your Sabah Parks mountain guide
- 5.40 am - Catch the sunrise on Low's Peak
- 06:00 am - Descend Low's Peak to meet your Mountain Torq trainer
- 07:15 am - Meet your via ferrata trainer at Sayat Sayat Hut @ 3,668m for Walk the Torq via ferrata experience (1-2 hours)
- 09:30 am - Return to Pendant Hut for breakfast
- 11:00 am - Check out of Pendant Hut and descend to Timpohon Gate
- 5 -5:30 pm - Arrive at Timpohon Gate and depart Kinabalu Park
- 6:30 - 7:30 pm - Arrive back at your hotel in Kota Kinabalu
Meet your guide
Travel Rite Tours
Other Things to Know
It'll depend on your fitness level and the weather. On the morning of the summit, you'll need to get to the summit checkpoint by 5pm in order to be cleared by the local rangers for summit. If you do not arrive in time (due to fitness level or other reasons), you will not be allowed to proceed to summit. In addition, there are a handful of days each year where the summit climb is cancelled by Mt Kinabalu Park due to dangerous weather conditions. Cancellations happen if there is torrential rain and it's deemed dangerous for climbers to make the slippery summit climb. Cancellations are rare, and no refund will be issued by Mt Kinabalu Park for any cancellations.