3D2N Mt Kinabalu Summit **Includes Certificate of Completion
By Let's Climb Mount Kinabalu
Choose this if...
Shared Return Transport from hotel in Kota Kinabalu Town
1st night accommodation at Mt Kinabalu Park (the lodge is assigned by the Park and will be notified a day in advance).
2nd night dormitory accommodation at Laban Rata Resthouse
State Park guide
Tourism tax of RM10/ night per room
Please note that the above pick up and drop off times are approximate and will depend on the location of hotel as well as descent timing as the transportation is shared with other groups.
Scheduled Trip Dates
Today, you'll get to Kinabalu Park, where your adventure begins!
Accommodation: Mt Kinabalu Park Lodge - Twin Room
- 1pm: Meet at Kota Kinabalu city or hotel pick-up and proceed for 2 hour drive to Kinabalu Park
- 230pm: Check into Kinabalu Park
- 7pm: Dinner
Today you will hike up to Laban Rata (3,353m).
Accommodation: Laban Rata Hostel - Dorm
- 7:30am: Breakfast and check out
- 8:30am: Meet designated mountain guide
- 9:00am: Shuttle bus to from Kinabalu Park to Timpohon Gate and begin climb
- 12:30pm: Lunch break
- 3pm: Settle in at Laban Rata (3,353m)
- 6pm: Dinner at Laban Rata
Today you will summit Mt Kinabalu at sunrise, then head back down to the Base Camp
- 1.30 – 2 am: Wake up for early morning supper
- 2.30am: Start hiking up to the summit with your mountain guide
- 5.40am: Catch the sunrise on Low’s Peak
- 6am - 8 am: Descent from Low’s Peak to Laban Rata for a well-earned breakfast
- 9am: Check out of Laban Rata and descend to Timpohon Gate
- 3 - 4 pm - Arrive at Timpohon Gate and depart Kinabalu Park.
- 5 – 6 pm - Arrive back at your hotel in Kota Kinabalu
Meet your guide
Let's Climb Mount Kinabalu
What others are saying
Other Things to Know
It'll depend on your fitness level and the weather. On the morning of the summit, you'll need to get to the summit checkpoint by 5pm in order to be cleared by the local rangers for summit. If you do not arrive in time (due to fitness level or other reasons), you will not be allowed to proceed to summit. In addition, there are a handful of days each year where the summit climb is cancelled by Mt Kinabalu Park due to dangerous weather conditions. Cancellations happen if there is torrential rain and it's deemed dangerous for climbers to make the slippery summit climb. Cancellations are rare, and no refund will be issued by Mt Kinabalu Park for any cancellations.
Should be in good medical condition.